Lentiviral Expression and Packaging
When packaging lentivirus with your gene of interest, it is important to bear in mind three main considerations: safety, titer, and flexibility. Our lentiviral systems provide a superior level of all three:
- Safety: Our ViraSafe™ Lentiviral Expression Systems are specifically engineered to minimize the chance of making replication-competent lentivirus (RCL). The ViraSafe™ technology goes beyond other 3rd generation systems with sequence homology reduced an additional 80-90%, while still using transfection of four plasmids.
- Titer: ViraSafe™ technology incorporates unique elements that provide lentiviral titers greater than or equal to those provided by other 3rd generation systems.
- Flexibility: We offer the most flexible, open lentiviral system commercially available. Our packaging plasmids are provided individually, not premixed, to allow optimization of vector ratios. In addition, we give you the flexibility to use certain parts of our technology in conjunction with other lentiviral vectors you may already have. Finally, each system is available with either an ecotropic or a pantropic envelope vector.
ViraSafe™ vector technologies are available in the following formats:
- ViraSafe™ Lentiviral Expression Complete Systems include three packaging vectors, an expression vector, and a control vector
- ViraSafe™ Lentiviral Packaging Systems include just the three packaging vectors individually (not premixed). These systems are ideal if you already have a third-generation lentiviral expression construct containing your gene of interest.
- ViraSafe™ Lentiviral Expression Vectors are also available separately and may be used in conjunction with other lentiviral packaging systems.